Saturday, May 23, 2009

Happy Saturday!!!

TGIS!!! We are ready for another good one! This week was super busy and Clint was working the overnight shift. He got off this morning at 4 am and now he is taking a little nap. The weather is supposed to be phenomenal so we are going to spend today catching up around the house and working in the yard a little. Our boat got fixed this week so we will head out early tomorrow morning to see if we can catch some fish up on Lake Francis. If it is windy then we are going to head to Holter Reservoir.
This morning I got my run out of the way early and once Dane wakes up we are going to go take care of our shopping! I'm super excited because next weekend Dad and Marsha are coming to Montana! We get to spend some time with them and Dad is going to do a 10K run with Clint and I. Marsha has offered to do "Dane duty" and that is super nice of her so we don't have to push him in the jogger. This is a run on a gravel road so it's a little bumpy!!! Hopefully the weather will be nice for the weekend.
Besides that, I had a few pictures from last Monday that I wanted to share. More fishing pictures! Hopefully after this weekend we will have some pictures of us with some big walleye or pike or something fun like that!!! Anyway, our fishing trip on Monday was really fun. My call had ended so we had all day that we could spend on the river and we took full advantage. We hiked downriver quite a ways and put our set-lines as we went. The fishing was superb, but the catching left something to be desired!!! I did catch the only "eater" it was a decent bass. Clint caught and landed a HUGE carp so that was kind of neat, although we don't eat them so the carp got to swim free! Dane rode along in the pack and got to get out and play at numerous places. He had a good time and yes... I am back to using the "hippy pack". I was glad I made that choice cause it was way more comfortable for a full day down on the river.
Our day finished out with Mom and Perry coming over for dinner. It was so great to spend the evening with them, however I don't think Clint and I were the best company cause we were fairly tired! But, everyone seemed to enjoy themselves!!!
I hope everyone has a great weekend, and here are the pictures!
Clint and his big carp!

Bobcat track

Racoon track


Clint and a goldeneye (not an eater...)


Me and my bass


2 comments:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Wow, very cool up date.

Shannon Houston said...

Looks like you had a great time, Nice way to spend a beautiful day. That looks like a big bobcat track! Enjoy the visit with your dad and Marsha and good luck on the 10k!