Friday, November 28, 2008

We hope everyone had a great Turkey Day!!!

We sure did!!! It was so fun with great food! The day started out for me at midnight... I had to work from midnight to 6 am so I got off work about the time Clint and Bill headed out hunting. Sheri was sweet enough to get up with Dane about 730 so I could take a little nap before the festivities began! I was kind of bummed not to go hunting, but I was feeling a little sleep deprived so the nap was a good thing!
Clint and Bill went out to a couple pieces of state land. After hiking all over one piece and not seeing a whole lot, they had some good fortune and were able to make a great stalk on some nice mule deer. Bill made an awesome shot and they had a doe down! Here are a couple pictures! Don't they look great?

Perry also had some good luck as well. He was able to get a nice 4x4 whitetail buck off a ranch he has been hunting. I'm sorry, I don't have a picture of him and his deer, but I have this one of him and Dane a little later in the day enjoying a little time together!!!


Dane had a wonderful first Thanksgiving! He was the center of attention a good portion of the time and he thinks that's where he should be!!! He has started to experiment a lot more with the solids in the past week or so. We are just feeding him little bits of what we are eating... so last night he got some turkey and other goodies. Of course, his favorite was the black olives. He LOVED them and I think he would have eaten the whole bowl if given the chance. (Okay, I know olives are not the best baby food... but what are holidays for???) Here is a picture of him getting ready for the feast!!! Notice the adorable bib from Nana and Grandpa "baby's first Thanksgiving!!"
Dane and I getting ready to eat! Okay, he's actually already started...
The whole family!
Perry and Mom enjoying some Dane time!
Mom and Dane

As you can see, we enjoyed our night... Now everyone else is out shopping, but Dane and I are hanging out relaxing at home. I'm not sure that relaxing in the right word... This post has taken me a long time because he is "crawling" all over the living room and getting into everything! His toys are no fun anymore! Now he wants everything that I move him away from!!! Have a great weekend everyone!!!

No comments: