Thursday, October 16, 2008

Poor Dane... the saga continues...

Oh, our sweet little boy... We feel so bad for him cause he just can't get well! When he gets sick, it just holds on FOREVER and wont go away!
Tuesday I was in training for work. I got a message from Daycare saying that they think Dane has pinkeye. I called them back and then went and got him about 1 pm... Good thing I have an understanding boss! Well, I get him home and yes, it is gummy and yucky, but it is absolutely not pink at all. There is no redness, no swelling, etc. I called the Doc and she said to keep an eye on it but it's probably a plugged tear duct, so she told me what to do and we went on with our day. Clint had already arranged to stay home with him the next day (if it was pinkeye we couldn't take him back to daycare for a couple days) so, Clint could take him in the next day if need be.


Well, about 10 pm rolls around and Dane wakes up crying... Not just a "feed me" fuss, but all out "I am in pain". He would not calm down when he was held, he only would nurse a little and then would cry again, and as the night went on it got progressively worse... The tylenol didn't help at all. It was awful. He was also pulling on his ear so we thought he probably has another ear infection. Clint and I took rounds with him all night, but I think Clint was probably up with him more than me... What a great dad!!! Finally about 6 am, right before I was going to work, I remembered that I still had some ear drops, so I put those in his ear and he actually went to sleep with Clint for a while.
We got him into the Doc yesterday morning and his ear infection is back with a vengeance. They think it actually didn't entirely go away with the last round of antibiotics, so now he has to get shots for three days in a row. Poor little guy, they are nasty shots! But they said it would make him sleepy and it sure did. We were only up once last night and I feel like a new women!!! It's amazing what a little sleep will do!
He is a trooper as usual. He was back to his smiling lovey self last night and it was such a relief. As all parents know, it is an awful feeling when you don't know what to do to make your baby feel better.
Here is a picture I missed when I was posting from our hunting trip the other day! It was such a great day to be out with the family!
Last night while we were eating dinner I gave Dane a dried apple to mess with. He loved it and sucked on it, played with it, just had a great time. That is until he shoved the whole thing in his mouth, gagged, and threw up all over... Oh the beauties of child rearing!!!



This weekend we have Dad and Marsha (one set of Tanya's parents) coming for a visit. I am so excited. I'm not sure how much fun stuff we will do, but we have some projects that Clint and Dad will probably work on... and it's always good to catch up! Hope everyone has a great weekend!

1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

I'm so sorry about Dane, poor little guy. It is so hard when you don't know what to do for them, just breaks your heart. Hope the shots work for him and he gets better soon! (glad you got some sleep, amazing what a few uninterrupted hours will do!!) Hope you have a great visit with your dad and Marsha.