Sunday, December 27, 2009

Ice Fishing on Holter

Clint, Brock, Dane and I headed out to Holter Res. today for a little ice fishing!  The weather forecast was calling for it to be in the 20's with no wind!  Sounded like it was going to be a great day!  Well, it was a great day, but the wind was blowing about 10-15 mph on and off throughout the morning.  When I looked at the temperature it said 7 degrees (without the wind chill) so it was pretty darn cold.  We did take the blind and the new heater I got for Christmas so that made it do-able.  However, unless all of us were in the blind, Dane didn't want to be in there cause he was afraid he would be missing out!  He is such a little trooper!
Here is Dane all bundled up...  almost like that kid in the Christmas Story!  I don't think I could have gotten many more layers on that boy!  But, I'm happy to say that he stayed warm and dry (all except his face, when he would drool it would freeze...)

Here are all the boys getting the tip-ups going.  Brock was so good, helping Clint and taking Dane for walks!  He is a lot of fun to have along!

Brock and Dane hanging out in the blind

Brock and his trout!  They almost lost this one right at the ice, but Clint (and his cat-like reflexes) was able to grab it with his hand and pull it up.  Brrrrrrr.  My hubby is such a stud, my hands were frozen just watching him!!!! 

Clint and one of the other trout...  All together we made it away with 3 of these trout.  Their meat is a beautiful pink color so they are pretty good eating...  either smoked or just cooked.

Here is Dane in the sled when we were all done.  He wanted me to carry him and I had my hands full so I put him in the sled with the gear.  Sure enough he laid down and then got mad when we got to the truck and I wanted him to get out!!! 


As you can see we had a really good time!  Tomorrow Clint goes back to work and I go on call so we wont be able to go back out for a little while.  Since I'm on call throughout the week/weekend we are going to take advantage and make sausage next weekend.  One of those projects that we are always so glad when it is done!!!  We hope everyone has a happy and safe New Year's!!!

2 comments:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

The closest I want to get to ice is in my soda!

My Life by Abby Sutfin said...

I am in love with these pixs!!! Thanks for sharing, it looks awesome out (other than the temp) and i laughed soo hard when you said "like on the Christmas Story" i was just having that exact thought about Dane!!LOL He is a trooper!