Thursday, January 1, 2009

HAPPY NEW YEARS!!!!

Well, I told Clint that I wanted to do a fun "photo review" of the year on New Year's Day. Well, I will work on getting it done... But probably not today! We stayed out late last night and then got up this morning and went ice fishing. Needless to say we are dragging right now and it's only 6 pm, so probably as soon as Dane goes to sleep we wont be far behind.
Our New Year's Eve was spent with some of our great friends, Mike and Aimee and their 3 wonderful kids. The kids were all up for a little while and Dane enjoyed watching and interacting with them. Then they all crashed and went to sleep. So, we enjoyed some adult conversation, pool, etc. It was a very good time, however we didn't get home until about 2am which is WAY PAST our bedtime!!!
As I said before we made it out to Holter for some more ice fishing. The bite wasn't that great, but my awesome hubby was able to hook this big hen. Of course it was on the rod that I had JUST been holding. It was pretty cold, so a nice gentleman who had an ice house came over and asked if Dane and I wanted to come warm up before he took it down and headed home. It was super sweet of him so Dane and I crawled inside and enjoyed some time by the heater. Of course, I look out the window and their is Clint reeling in a fish! But, at least he landed her and now we have a nice trout to smoke! (He is such an awesome hubby, he felt bad that I wasn't there to catch her... but I made it back in time to take a picture!)

So, we are so amazed by the gas prices that we had to take a picture in order to remember this time. It's so nice that driving to go ice fishing is actually affordable! It will end at some point and the price will start going up, but for now we will enjoy it!

My two favorite guys hanging out having a good time!


Dane wanted to send his thanks to Porter for the great gift! The dog "Fred" is a total hit! (Sorry Dad, it came with that name... I think we need to change it to Smokey!!!)


No comments: