Sunday, March 1, 2009

Ready to move in!!!

Woo hoo! We are ready to move in... There are a few touch-ups and a little more cleaning (a couple ceiling fans and cupboards to wipe down, but besides that we are ready to go next weekend!!!
I did take one "after" picture... but our batteries were dying in the camera and we didn't have any new ones. I will post more as soon as I get a chance.
The "before" picture!
This is our kitchen now! We are so pleased with how it turned out. You always are wondering how it will end up when you are working on it! We do have a couple light fixtures to replace as well, but that we can do after we are living there!


Another angle


After lunch Dane was so good... He just played in the living room by himself for over an hour. I had time to put a second coat of paint on all the cupboards! (he has another tooth coming in, hence the drool wetting his front!!!) Here he is raiding the diaper bag!
This house also has stairs! Oh the joy!!! Dane loves the stairs and goes up and then comes down... over and over again! He has learned how to do it pretty well, but coming down he sometimes gets all tangled and I have to help him! But, he sure enjoys it!

Brock came over and helped out for a little while. He was a great helper for Clint!Here we are after a long day! All tuckered out!
I'm sorry I haven't been great about updating lately, but we are going pretty hard. Between work, Dane, trying to get the one house set up to move out of, and all the work on the new house, there isn't a whole lot of extra time! But, things are going really well and Clint and I are having a really good time. Dane is so much fun as well. He is consistently saying mama and dada. Not with total intent, but he is really starting to get the idea. He also has started to assert his little will... and is quite stubborn! (I think he gets that from Grandpa Fred! lol)
Dane is probably not to far from walking. He started letting go of us and balancing for a moment before he realizes what he is doing and falls! No steps all by himself yet, but he walks around everything like crazy! I'm actually not in too much of a hurry. I chase him enough as it is, but right now I can beat him there... If he's running too I may not be so lucky!!!
Well, we are ready to hit another week! Tomorrow it is work for us and Dane goes to see the ladies at daycare. Clint is switching to days though, so that is super nice. We will get to eat dinner together and such!
We hope everyone has a great week!

2 comments:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Wow, it looks good. Can't wait to see the rest of it.

Da Baums said...

The house looks great! You guys have done good work! I am surprised you even have time to post anything! Keep up the good work but don't work too hard :) Dane is getting so cute & big! I can't believe he is almost a year old! Such a big boy!