Friday, March 6, 2009

Yummy muffin recipe!!!

I tried this new recipe today... I figured that we are going to be moving so it will be hard to bake for the next couple of weeks. Clint says these are his new favorite! Of course I try to bake healthy, so they might not be up to par for everyone... and molasses is my new thing... so they are unique. But, in our mind unique is GOOD and we all really like them! (Dane too, however he LOVES these sweet potato muffins that I make. He ate one and half today before dinner. Needless to say, he didn't have much of an appetite at dinner! I will post that recipe later.)
Anyway, I thought I'd share the recipe. I got it from RecipeZaar and then made a few changes. They are so super moist.
Banana, Molasses, Oat muffins
1 cup flour
1/2 cup
whole wheat flour
2/3 cup
oats
1 1/4 teaspoons
baking soda
1 teaspoon
cinnamon
1/2 tsp nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon
salt
1/4 cup ground flax
1/4 cup
butter, softened
2/3 cup
molasses
2 large
eggs
1 1/2 cups mashed ripe banana
1 cup shredded carrot
1/2 cup low fat sour cream
2 teaspoons vanilla
1/2 cup chopped walnuts
Set oven to 350 degrees F.
(The recipe said it would make 12 muffins, but when I made it I made 16.)
In a bowl sift together white and whole wheat flour, oats, baking soda, cinnamon, nutmeg, flax, and salt.
In another bowl beat the butter and molasses.
Add in eggs, beat until combined.
Add in bananas, sour cream and vanilla, carrot, and walnuts; beat until blended.
Add in the flour mixture; beat at low speed just until moistened.
Spoon the batter into prepared muffin tin.
I don't know how long I baked them. They are so moist that they took a while, maybe 25 minutes.
Cool for 10 minutes, then remove to a wire rack to cool completely.
ENJOY!

2 comments:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Wow, that sure is a lot different than how we eat!

Da Baums said...

I made these for a girls coffee & baby playdate. They were a hit. I used 1/3 c blackstrap molasses because that is all I have and it is ultra healthy! They turned out so yummy! The kids & moms alike loved them. Everyone asked for the recipe! Thanks for sharing!