Saturday, December 22, 2012

Sorry it's been so long!

I fell behind in pretty much everything the last couple of weeks...  except for work, truffles, and treat boxes! :)  Even my Christmas cards suffered!  Clint actually finished his before I did!
Now, I am trying to catch up.  As the kids sleep I have laundry going, the kitchen is clean and now I will try to catch up the blog by starting a couple weeks ago when we put up our tree!  This is the first year that Dane really got into it and has a long enough attention span to care!  He took it pretty darn serious and actually put most of the decorations on.  Yes, they are mostly located on one part of the tree, but that's half the fun!

He did have a few moments of kindness when he actually let Kimber put up a decoration or two!  She always seemed to put them in the "wrong spot" and this caused a fair amount of crankiness between the two of them!  But, then we would have a quick reminder chat about treating people with kindness and he would try to be more patient!  He is a great big brother, and really does put up with a lot of crap from her! 
 Daddy did go goose hunting one day...  The kids and I weren't invited...  someone (I won't mention names but it starts with a "No" and end with an "ah") is no longer one of my favorite people.  It will take some time,  perhaps a future elk/mule deer hunt or maybe an ice fishing trip for him to reestablish himself.  :)  Just kidding, it was actually someone else's hunt and they only had room for one so Clint was able to go along.  They had a great time and brought home a few geese.  Here are the kids checking them out!  
I think that Dane and Kimber may be "discussing" the best way to hold the goose, or something like that.

 My mom's birthday was December 4th and we all went out for dinner.  She is beautiful and happy and we all had a wonderful time.  I couldn't seem to get the kids to look my direction for the picture, but here we are back at her house for cake and presents.
 Me and my little man!
 Grandma had help blowing out the candles!
 We also had a really great snowstorm about that time.  The kids loved it, even Kimber had a good time playing out in it!  
Here is Kimber, surrounded by Christmas treats.  She's pretty sneaky...  I almost fell for it when she said, "hey mom, look over there"!
 We also all enjoyed making some decorations!  Notice Shep hanging out as well!  He is really a nice pup!
 I looked over at Kimber and this is her "I'm concentrating" face.  She consistently makes this face any time she is really concentrating on something and it never fails to make me laugh!  In case you haven't noticed, she tends to be the little ham of the family!

No comments: