Monday, December 31, 2012

Christmas Fun

Christmas came and went so quickly!  We had a wonderful time and enjoyed all of the cookies, crafts, and other fun that comes along with the Holidays.  One of my favorite recipes is Kris Kringle Cookies.  It was my Grandma's recipe and happens to be one of my favorite cookies.  The kids and I decided to whip some up a couple days before Christmas.  I had all the help that one girl could ever ask for!

 My favorite part!  Licking the beaters!  Apparently the kids enjoy it as well!
 That evening Kimber went shopping with Clint, so Dane and I decided to decorate!  He did a great job! 
 The weather was pretty cold and snowy, so then on Christmas Eve we decided to make spice ornaments.  They were fun to make and my house smelled absolutely delicious!
 Mom came over Christmas Eve and the kids got to open the big present from her.  They got the coolest kitchen and have already had a great time playing in it!  Then Mom flew out on Christmas morning to Hawaii to spend the Holiday season with Erik and his family in Hawaii; so it was just us hanging out on Christmas day.


 Here is Kimber sportin' her new hat, opening another present!  We all got spoiled and had a wonderful day.    Thank you to everyone who sent gifts and goodies to our family!
 Dane opening his big gift from Santa...  Could it be what he really, really, wanted?  
 It was!!!  Both Kimber and Dane lucked out and got bikes from Santa.  Unfortunately, it was subzero temperatures and snowy, so they rode the bikes around the house for a while!  
As I said we had a wonderful time.  I think that we only wish that our family was closer so we could have enjoyed the day with all of them as well!  We were thinking of everyone and send our love now and always!

No comments: