Friday, June 25, 2010

Welcome Kimber Lynn Houston!

On Tuesday, June 22 we finally got to meet our newest addition, Miss Kimber!  She was born at 6:46 am after a fairly short and intense night!  I was feeling kind of "off" Monday evening and then woke up about 1:30 am with some definite contractions.  I woke Clint up and he called my mom to ask her to come sit with Dane when we went into the Hospital.  We arrived and got checked in and I was already dilated to 7 cm so things were moving right along.  After the initial check everything looked good and we moved into our room where I labored for a while before they broke my water and got Kimber to settle into place.  Luckily, she was not nose up like Dane so that was awesome!  Then about 5:45 I asked about an epidural...  I wanted to go without as long as possible so that my chances of the whole series of events leading to a c-section would be less.  At that point the Doctor felt it would just help me relax and we should be okay with the VBAC, so I went ahead and got an interthecal.  (sp?)  The crazy part was that right after getting the interthecal they checked and I was complete, with the baby moving down so I was able to get right to the pushing stage.  The medication just helped me relax and get down to business, and at 6:46 we got to meet our 8 lb 4 oz beautiful girl! 
It was an incredible experience and I felt so fortunate for everyone!  Clint was amazing through the labor and we had a great nurse as well.  Our Doctor is super hands off and relaxed so that kept the atmosphere nice as well.  My recovery is SO MUCH BETTER than after the c-section and everything has been easier.  Kimber is eating really well and is just a healthy little laid back girl.  So far she seems to be like her big brother and is just kind of a relaxed little bundle!  Dane hung out with Grandma and Grandpa on Tuesday and then we came home on Wednesday so that is when he came home as well.  He had a really good time visiting and it was so nice to know he was having fun and I didn't have to worry about him so we really appreciated that as well. 
On Wednesday we got to go home and then Courtney arrived from Michigan to spoil us.  She has been so much help around the house and catching up with her has been a lot of fun as well! 

Here are some pictures we want to share!!!




When Mom got to the Hospital with Dane we were so happy to see him!  He was initially excited about the baby and then got distracted by the train that Baby Kimber was thoughtful enough to bring him!!!




So far Dane has totally been loving his little sister!  We are all working on figuring out the new routine and Dane still went to "school" the last couple of days to keep that consistency.  The first thing he wants when he wakes us is to see the baby, he wants to kiss the baby before bed, etc.  I think he kind of thinks its more of a pet though, cause when she starts wiggling he giggles with glee and says "it moved, it moved"!!!  He also has to be reminded to "be gentle" and seems to be really trying, although the 2 year old enthusiasm is hard to keep in check sometimes!!!

1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Wow, awesome! Congradulations!