Sunday, May 16, 2010

Overnight trip to Holter

Clint and I lucked out and each got an extra day off this weekend.  I took Friday off, and Clint took Saturday off so that we could go on a camping trip and spend a couple nights.  We headed out to Holter Friday morning after Chris (Courtney's husband) stopped by for breakfast.   By the way Chris, thanks for the delicious apple fritter!!  :)

The weather was phenomenal,  and although it was a little cloudy yesterday afternoon and we felt a couple raindrops I don't think we could have asked for any better. 

The fishing was pretty good too.  The water is a little cold for the walleye to bite yet, so we only caught trout, but most of them were pretty good sized and they have the beautiful pink meat that is so yummy.

I think this was my first fish of the trip...  As you can see the little man is having such a good time!


A nice trout that Clint landed.



Home sweet home!!!  Yes, we all 3 slept in the little tent, even with my big ol' belly!  Surprisingly, we slept pretty good, especially the second night.  Dane was so cute sleeping between us.  He was great!  It was really funny though, on Saturday morning Clint and I were laying there visiting.  We were quietly discussing our day ahead.  Dane was sleeping between us.  All of the sudden he sits bolt upright in bed and says "airplane, airplane".  Sure enough there was a plane flying over that we could hear.  Then he lays right back down, shuts his eyes and he's sound asleep again.


My two favorite guys with another nice trout. 



Dane at the campground.


Dane was so tired this morning, he didn't really want to get up early and go fishing. ( I could have used a little more sleep too.)  But, we all got up and went.  Little man did end up crashing on me for a while though! 


We had such a great time!!!  Tonight, Clint had to go back to work, and I'm back at it tomorrow...  But, I'm sure it will be another fast week, and I think next weekend we are helping Mom and Perry with their fence!

2 comments:

My Life by Abby Sutfin said...

your camping trip looks great! you guys are such troopers! Tanya you look great! and Dane is the cutest!

Jenny said...

I'm totally behind, didn't realizing you were expecting #2! :) Do you know yet what you are having? You look great, cute and happy, and I love how you are getting out and having so much fun with your family. We are braving camping with 3 this weekend for the first time! Wish us luck. Your little man is adorable. Love it~!