Wednesday, August 5, 2009

A wonderful visit!

Dane and I had such a wonderful time in Michigan!!! We had a great time hanging out with family, meeting Courtney's friends, fishing, etc.
I was really pleased at how well Dane did on the plane each time. He was quite the trooper and didn't fuss too much. I had a huge assortment of stuff to try to keep him busy, we had special snacks, stickers, his favorite book and flashcards, etc. At the airport he was such a ham, I was trying to let him burn off energy so I let him roam (of course I was right behind him making sure he didn't get into trouble) He loved all the people and would laugh and smile at everyone!
Here is Dane helping me pack our bags...

Here are my 3 beautiful nieces... Naomi, Olivia, and Chloe.


While we were there we got to visit so many of Courtney's great friends. One of her friends had a small farm with lots of animals... Dane loved them, and kept following "Lamby" around. He also loved the pigs and the horse, but found the chickens a little intimidating!!! (it was really funny)

Chris was kind enough to set up a fishing trip for us while I was there. We got to go out on Lake Superior and fish for lake trout. The gentleman who took us fishing was really good and we were lucky enough to catch a bunch of fish.
Lake Superior was HUGE and was just like the ocean. Here are Chris and Olivia on the way out.

Olivia and the lake trout she caught. Jim is holding it for her!one of my lake trout


Olivia had a great "hole" that she dug out in the yard. Dane also enjoyed playing in it!


The beach was beautiful as well. The weather on the day that we went was a little windy and chilly, but that didn't stop the kids from having a great time.

Dane and Naomi are enjoying some time in the sand! (and as usual, Dane is eating some...)

Chloe
Aunt Courtney and Dane


Me and my sis!!!
Well, as always it's good to be home. Dane was really great, but he is sleeping better now that we are home, which makes my life easier. We also missed Clint like crazy, but it was wonderful to see my sister and her amazing family. Unfortunately, I brought a bit of a tummy bug home with me, but I think I'm getting over that, so life is good!!!

1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

Glad you and Dane made it home safe and sound - looks as though you had a great trip. Eating sand must be a boy thing...Porter loves to do it as well.