Monday, April 27, 2009

Icebreaker '09

Yesterday was a great day! It was kind of nasty when we woke up, so we thought that we might not run the Icebreaker. Taking Dane when it is windy, snowing, and cold is kind of tough. But, it cleared off a little and warmed up some, so we decided to go for it. I'm really glad we did. I always enjoy it and Dane was a trooper. Clint pushed the jogger so I got to "coast" along. It was fun and we made pretty good time. Dane was awake the whole time cause there are SO MANY people and he had a lot to watch! It was pretty crowded and at the beginning we had to be careful not to run people over with the jogger!!! We ran it in 27:18 so that was pretty good time for me and it put us each at 14th place in our respective age groups.
Then we went over to our friends house (Mike and Aimee) for pizza and a movie. It was a lot of fun and so great to catch up! They have 3 great kids and Dane was pretty wound up from getting to play with them.
Today Clint and I are fortunate enough to both have the day off. We were going to go fishing, but Bones has a vet appointment at 345 so we may have to try another time. Either that or reschedule Bones's appointment... I guess we will see!

My two favorite guys getting ready to start!!!


Dane and I eating our lunch afterwards! They give you a sack lunch with a sandwich, chips, a drink, and an apple. (Dane's wearing my medal!!! He should be proud that he finished the Icebreaker!!!)

Clint and Dane sharing a sandwich.

We liked the shirts this year. A couple years ago they were bright orange, but I liked the color and design this year!