Monday, February 2, 2009

Did you enjoy the Superbowl?

Well, we watched the Superbowl yesterday... it's the only time during the whole year that we watch football. We were pulling for the Cardinals, not because we are die hard fans, but you have to pick one team to cheer for. Well, I dozed for about the first 2 1/2 quarters and then I watched the rest. Seems like I timed it right cause that is about when the Cardinals actually started playing. Ended up being a pretty good game and exciting enough to watch... For those of us who don't usually watch football.
I was pretty worthless all weekend cause I was really sick. I was sure it was "just a cold" but finally yesterday morning I went to the Doctor. Turns out I have another bout of tonsilitis (infected tonsils) and a pretty bad ear infection. Of course the Doctor said that I probably need to get my tonsils out, but after hearing how the experience was for Clint when he was in high school, I'm not very excited. What everyone says is that if you don't do it as a kid, then it's a pretty major surgery... Why is that? Are we weaker as we get older, or does our memory fade quicker when we are a child so we don't remember how bad it was? Hmmmmm. Anyway, now that I'm on antibiotics I feel like I'm on the mend. Clint is pretty good to me while I'm sick... he's a great hubby!
Yesterday Dane got a gift from Aunt Jeanne who lives in Nevada. He was pretty excited by the paper and had a good time ripping and tearing. Of course then he started eating it, so we had to stop!!! Once I threw away the paper he got to have some fun with the gift. It was a cool fuzzy singing turtle and a book that goes along with it! Thank you Aunt Jeanne!



No comments: