Sunday, August 29, 2010

A weekend at the Divide!

Clint got back from his trip with Brock on Wednesday...  So, we spent 2 nights together and then I got up at about 2:30 am on Friday morning and headed to the County to surprise my Dad for his birthday.  The trip took about 13 hours, but the kids were pretty good.  Dane was outstanding, but Kimber was a little cranky with the whole thing.
We got there about 3:30 pm and hid my car in the shop so when Dad pulled up he wouldn't know we were there.  Well, with a few antics and a lot of help from Marsha, we totally pulled it off and he was SO SURPRISED!  He had no clue that we were coming. 
This is the area that I grew up so it is super fun for me to go home.  So many good memories.  I just wish Clint could have come!  But, definitely next time!

Anyway, the first night that we were there, Dad (aka Gramps) promptly cemented his place as Dane's favorite for the weekend by taking him on a ride on his motorcycle!  He also showed him his back-hoe, but Dane was a little intimidated by it...  so much bigger than his toy!  Anyway, here are Dane and Dad taking a little ride.  By the way, I spent many hours in the same position that Dane is in.  We lived out there (in a different house) when I was a kid and Dad would take us back and forth to town like that.  One kid in front, one kid in back!



Marsha has this feeder outside of her kitchen and I loved watching the hummingbirds come in to eat!  Pretty cool!
Marsha and Kimber getting a little cuddle time!


Saturday Marsha had a bar-b-que for Dad and a bunch of their friends came.  It was fun and really great to meet everyone. 
Then on Sunday, we resumed our "boy" stuff and Dane got to have some great "tractor" time.  First, they tried to get him in the bucket before I got outside and he said "no way Jose"...  but, once I got out there and showed him it was okay, he let Gramps hold him and go up and down!

Dane's mot entirely sure that this is actually fun...

But then Dad let Dane drive the back-hoe and then he was hooked.  Dane thought it was the coolest ever!


Moving the bucket up and down!


When we went down to pick huckleberries, Dad let Dane drive all the way.  He said they had some steering issues, but I think that is to be expected! 

Here are Marsha and Dane looking for some huckleberries...  YUM!
While we were there Marsha made some delicious huckleberry syrup and french toast, and then made us yummy muffins for the drive home.  We were pretty spoiled.
After a wonderful weekend, we made the drive home on Monday and got back after only 12 hours on the road!  Clint had left early that morning for Missoula.  He had to attend a training for work and was gone until Friday night.  I left early Tuesday morning for a conference in Helena.  I had to stay the night so Dane stayed with Grandma and Grandpa.  (he had such a good time that he has told me several times that he wants Grandma and Grandpa...)  My job is pretty awesome and I actually took Kimber with me to the training, so that was really nice.  We obviously have had a very busy couple weeks.  Now we are all safely back home and don't have any big traveling plans for at least a couple weeks! 

2 comments:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

What an awesome trip, Erik is going to be so envious!

Lee, Sheri and the yellow dog said...

Tanya, it looks like so much fun. Your Dad and Marsha live in a beautiful area. Dane looked like he was having the time of his life on the tractor. I can see that litte Kimber (did I say little?) is really growing. I can't wait to see the kids in Sept.