Monday, September 7, 2009

Why do the weekends have to go so fast???

I'm not ready for it to be over!!!! But, my amazing hubby reminds me... One must end so another can begin!
Well, we didn't end up going to the cabin this weekend, but we had a great time anyway! Saturday we were super tired and went to bed early. Which worked out okay cause then we got up and chased snipe!!! Woo-hoo, bird season has begun.
It was such a perfect day... Not too warm and not too cool. There were lots of snipe flying and Dane LOVED it!!! After he got to see his first bird or two he kept saying "moa, moa" (which means, "more, more") My thoughts exactly!!! :)
I worked on getting the kelty adjusted and finally got it to where it fits okay. Dane likes it cause he sits up higher and can see over our head. He does list badly to one side though, so I'm not really sure what to do about that. He doesn't seem to mind... He also wore his ear protection like a champ... never took it off once.
Here he is checking out one of Dad's birds. Actually, I think he is trying to pry the beak open.

Getting to look at the wings and feathers

Poking and prodding like any good boy would do!!!

I think this was the first one he got to see. He was grinning but wasn't so sure at first.

Packing him around does add an additional edge to the workout. The swamp is muddy and the grass is pretty tall in places. Add him on your back and it's a workout!!! But, worth every moment to have him along!


1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

How fun!! Bet it is a workout.