Friday, September 18, 2009

Little Fingers...

Poor Dane... His little fingers are taking some hard hits this week...
When we were up at the cabin I was trying to get some milk warmed up on the stove. As I was doing it I wasn't even thinking about the fact that he had climbed up beside me on a big tupperware bin. As I turned to pour the milk, he grabbed the burner on the gas stove. Needless to say it burned his cute little finger pretty bad. (blister and all)
So, today I receive a call from daycare letting me know that he had a mishap. From what I understand Dane (the little stinker) was in the corner playing with a rocking chair and got his fingers stuck before flipping it over. They let me know that his fingers were pretty bruised and swollen. Being that it is Friday I decided to take him to the Dr. so she could take a look. I didn't want to wait and then have to take him to immediate care, or a Dr. he doesn't know.
Anyway, although I'm sure they are very sore, his fingers are going to be fine. They are bruised and kind of ugly, but he is using them and playing normally. While at the Dr. I decided to go ahead and get his last round of vacinations and his flu shot. I wasn't going to do a flu shot for either of us, but I got one for the first time ever, and Dane's Dr. recommded it with him in daycare and Clint and I working where we do. Good news is that we are all done with his vaccinations until he is in kindergarten!!! Woo hoo!
Anyway, I think I mentioned that we had gone up to the cabin last weekend. We had such a great time!!! We headed up Saturday and then came home on Monday afternoon. While we were up there we hiked around looking for Mountain grouse and found a neat waterfall. We also were able to get 2 Ruffled Grouse which are really good to eat.

Besides that we hung out at the cabin, took a drive looking for sheep (I've got a ewe permit this year), chased grasshoppers, and just had a great time.

Here is one last picture of Dane playing in the grass.

This weekend should be fun. Saturday and Sunday, Dane and I are hanging out, visiting with Grandma, and just getting stuff done. Monday, I've got a training to attend and then we are headed to the cabin Monday night. On Tuesday we are going to try to find a ewe sheep for me and then Clint has to be back to work on Wednesday. It should be a lot of fun, and hopefully we will have some good pictures to post when we get back!

1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Aw poor guy, but they are so resilient. Sometimes it seems like it hurts us moms worse!