Sunday, December 21, 2008

Ice fishing...

You can see from the video of Bones that was are all suffering from a little cabin fever. So, today it warmed up to a whopping 4 degrees and we decided to enjoy the heat wave and do a little ice fishing. We took the pack and I wore Dane under my bib-overalls. Then we zipped us up into the big camo jacket that I'm holding. Surprisingly, it kept us pretty warm and Dane went to sleep after a little while. It reminded me of last year when I was pregnant! Well, we had a good time and it was great to get out. Unfortunately, the catching wasn't very good. We had a couple tip-ups but never hooked into anything. We stayed out for a couple hours, but then a little breeze kicked up and we decided to head home.
On the way home we took the scenic route and drove past the dam... It is so beautiful when the water flows over and then freezes.

The few places that have open water are full of birds. Here are a couple tundra swans, we don't generally see them around this time of year. These are juveniles and they must have gotten confused during our mild fall...


A couple mallards
Here is Dane hanging out in his diaper... waving hello (or giving a "high five" depending on the mood...)
Stay tuned for a fun video of Dane eating noodles...

1 comment:

Da Baums said...

Dane is such a good sport! I am so amazed at the things you guys do with him. Hannah was not as much a good sport. She didn't care much for the front pack once she hit 4-5 months. She was to busy checking out the world to sit still or sleep while we were out. Are you using cloth diapers? I did and I LOVED them. I am going to start using them again. Hannah outgrew her other covers so I just got new covers. It saves SOOO much money.