Saturday, May 31, 2008

Our first 10K!

Today was the Ulm Pishkun Run. We have been training pretty well and decided to do the 10K. (6.2 miles). My goal was to run the entire thing without walking and we were able to do that. Clint was awesome and stuck with me for the whole run, even though he could have gone faster! It was a pretty small race, I'd say that there were about 75 people for the 3 events. There was a 3 mile, a 10K, and a 1/2 marathon. It was a good group, everyone was really friendly and encouraging.

Here we are after the race. (yes, we're smiling so that is a good sign!)

Here's the finish line.


The weather was phenomenal... We couldn't have asked for better. It was sunny and warm with light winds.
The only bad part was this beastly hill... I wanted to walk really bad when we were going up it but I was able to stay motivated...
I do have to say I was one happy girl when I got to the top! (This picture is a little blurry, but I think you get the idea!)

While we were running, Dane got to hang out with Grandma. He had such a good time with her (as always) and they must have played together the entire time cause he was worn out when we got home! (As were we!)

1 comment:

Shannon Houston said...

Wow, awesome job running the 10K!! congrats to both of you. great pictures.