Thursday, January 31, 2013

Three Day and Two Night Trip to Tiber Reservoir

Sorry about the last post...  I  had typed in all the text and all the sudden our laptop died.  Of course nothing had been saved, so it was all lost and I didn't have the time to retype in the text.  :)  Why didn't I have time?  Cause we were going ice fishing all weekend long!  The weather finally looked good, so we loaded up the dogs, kids, and pop up camper and headed up to Tiber.  Here is our camp spot!  It may not look like much, but it was actually perfect! :)
Why was our camp spot perfect?  Because this is the view out of the camper!  There wasn't much wind, it was sunny and fairly warm so we couldn't have asked for a more perfect day to arrive and get set up.  
Getting the tip ups set up, we caught our first walleye!  Nice!  This picture makes me laugh...  look at that girl peeking out from behind me. :)  She's got something on her mind!
The first afternoon did prove to have some challenges.  We got set up, and while Clint was putting in tip-ups the clouds rolled in and it started to rain.  I know that the weather forecast called for rain, but I guess I didn't really think it would happen!  Whether rain or shine, the area there is beautiful in such a different way!
But even in the rain, it's great to have a nice camper to hang out in and eat a snack!
Home sweet home!


It was a full moon overnight and when we woke up in the morning it was just setting over the ridge.
We knew it was going to be a good day anyway, however it was even more clear when we started right away with catching beautiful walleye!  I know I've said it before, and I'm sure I will say it again, but I have an amazing hubby.  He takes such good care of us out there and is so passionate about the things that he does; including fishing.  For some reason I didn't take enough pictures of him on this trip, but he was always behind the scenes helping make the trip a success!

One of the huge successes of this trip was that Kimber finally got the "bug" and figured out what ice fishing was all about!  She discovered the joy of pulling in a fish and kept saying "I want to catch a fish!".  Up to this point she has been going and says she is having fun, but hadn't really put it together.  So, it was very rewarding to have her put it all together!  Here is our girl...  she is getting so big!  




During the first 24 hours, the fish were biting like crazy and we ended up landing a fair amount of beautiful fish!  We actually caught our limit of walleye, some perch, a nice ling, and a northern (a little guy, so we let him go!).  

Dane's favorite was the ling! He couldn't get enough of that fish and was constantly carrying it around (frequently in a bear hug).  I have had to come to terms with the fact that this boy is a fisherman...  and will always smell like fish.  It's a good thing, and we call it the "smell of success".  But, sometimes I have to remind myself that it is a positive thing and even with 3 days in the camper, it is okay that there is an overwhelming smell of fish every time he comes inside! :)  We are proud of that boy, and his passion is incredible and reminds me of someone!  (he is his Daddy's boy!)
After we took our family picture, Dane had to pile the fish "his way" and then wanted me to take a picture!  He did a very nice job...  don't you think?
One of our other favorite things about Tiber is the awesome fossils that are all over.  When we take a break from fishing, we like to walk along the beach to see all the cool stuff.  Here is Kimber posing with some of the clams that are in the rock/clay.


Right before we left, Clint caught this really nice perch!  Wonderful ending to a great trip!


No comments: