Wednesday, August 8, 2012

Erik's Here!!!!!!

Last Wednesday my brother Erik flew in from Hawaii...  oh my gosh it's good to see that guy!  He is so fun and I think he has now earned the name of "cool Uncle Erik" with the kids.  He claims he never grew up...  I just think he is really great with kids!

First Mom, Erik, the kids and I took a ride on the big boat to see the Gates of the Mountains.  I was hesitant to take Kimber (I wasn't sure how she would do sitting on a guided tour for 2 hours), but Erik talked me into it.  I should have given the kids more credit cause they both did great.  The boat ride was a lot of fun and I even learned a thing or two!




Then we went and checked out the stuff they had by the marina.  I tried to get the kids to stand by me for a picture but neither thought it was a good idea...  Oh well, I'll strike a pose anyway!
Mom and Erik enjoying the great weather!
That night Dad and Marsha got here as well.  Friday we went to Giant Springs and let the kids play a bunch. Another great day, however it was unseasonably cold down by the River.  (notice the jackets)  Not that I'm complaining.  It was a nice change from the 90+ degree days we have had lately.
Gramps wrestling around with the kiddos!
Checking out the fish at the hatchery.
My kids sure do trust that someone will catch them if they jump!

The fun weekend continued...  so I will do another post soon! 

1 comment:

Erik said...

I had such a good time. It was nice to be cold and have to wear a coat. Dane and Kimber where so much fun.