Sunday, March 25, 2012

Fishing and baking fun!

Last Thursday I took a vacation day so that we could have a family day.  After being out of town for 6 days I was badly in need of some quality time with the family.  The weather was nice so we headed upriver to see if we couldn't catch some trout. 

Here are the kiddos ready to go fishin!
 I didn't notice it until I was looking at this picture, but I'm sure whatever Kimber is putting in her mouth is totally sterile and clean!
 Here was a nice brown trout that I hooked and Dane landed.  It's all spawned out though so it looks really skinny.  We always do catch and release with these brown trout...  we have a good time catching them, but it's best that we put them back!
 Here's another little brown...  this one Kimber actually hooked.  (kind of...)  I would cast out and then help her reel in.  I thought that she was stuck, but then realized she had hooked a fish!  Dane helped her bring it in and then wanted to hold it for a photo op! He loves to be the one to put them back! 

 Kimber helping her Daddy!
 The last couple days have been about 34 degrees with freezing rain and fog.  Just cold enough with the rain to make everything kind of icky, but just warm enough that everything is a muddy mess...  so we decided to bake.  I only had both kids helping for a little while.  Then I called "mayday, mayday" and Clint came and took Kimber to do something else.  We were making a butternut squash coffee cake and it was truly too messy for all the help!  :)

 But she did get one taste before being taken away! :)

No comments: