Wednesday, November 23, 2011

Time to catch up!

Well, the last couple weeks have been a blur... exciting and eventful, but super busy! I will probably do a couple posts to catch up, so here is the first!

The first weekend in November I headed out to see if I could find an elk.  I got a really great permit and wanted to see if I could find something.  The first day I went by myself and hiked a lot, but only saw one herd a LONG ways away.  The next day one of Clint's coworkers went with me and we had a long cold day hiking in the snow.  We did get into some cows, but I had an either sex permit and we ended up not getting an elk that day either.  The visibility that day was kind of tough as you can see in this picture.


Clint rolled in Friday the 11th at about 10 pm. We were all so excited to see him and get him back to Great Falls! He got Saturday and Sunday off, so we decided to make the most of it. I had spoken with a gentleman who allows us to hunt his property and he had told us we could come out and hunt Saturday afternoon. Kimber stayed with a friend's daughter, and Dane, Clint and I headed out to see if we couldn't get a couple does.
Luck was in our corner and we were able to harvest 3 beautiful does. Dane was with us and got to see the whole thing. He was stoked, as you can see in this picture.




No comments: