Friday, September 16, 2011

A weekend at the cabin

Well, I'm a couple weeks behind on the blog...  but I will catch up!  Two weeks ago, we made it up to the cabin on an overnight trip.  We got a little work done and had so much fun!  Here are some pictures from the trip...

Clint and Dane checking for loose screws in the siding...  however I'm pretty sure I know where to find some loose screws and they have nothing to do with the cabin!  :)

The weather was perfect for spending the afternoons at the water.  We caught crawdads, swam, and just had so much fun!


Apparently there was a spot on my lens...  sorry about that.

Kimber with a little bitty crawdad...  and she didn't even try to eat it! 

So, I'm inside with Kimber, Dane and Clint are out doing some "man work" and I hear the dog going crazy...  Whining and carrying on.  Which is very unlike Bones.  So, I peek out and this is what I see.  A pine squirrel on the ladder. 
I called Bones back and then was able to sneak up and get a couple pictures.  Clint and Dane showed up about then and Clint said it was hiding under the outhouse and booked it back to the cabin when then disturbed it.  Poor thing is a LONG WAYS from any pine trees!
Then we were out on a walk, and I spotted a horned toad (aka horned lizard)  I told Dane he could hold it for a minute, but as soon as it dropped on the ground he would have to let it go.  Surprisingly it stayed put for a while.  He thought it was pretty cool!


Dane helping Clint with some very important "man work".

That is one big crawdad!!!  Yes, we did eat them both nights.  Their little tails are tiny and I struggled to get the meat out, but they taste fine once you get it out.

Just having a good time!

1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Oh my gosh-WAY TOO MUCH FUN!! You guys have your own wilderness! I love the picts with the kids and their wildlife-I can totally see Dane with the toad and crawdad-what a great little man...and Kimber getting into the spirit holding a crawdad too-love your family adventure!