Thursday, September 22, 2011

Snipe hunting with the family




 About a week and a half ago we were were able to head out and do some snipe hunting.  There were a fair amount of birds, Clint and I were both shooting well, and the weather was fantastic.  All of this equaled a great time for us and the kids.  Here are some pictures from the day.

The kids were excited while we were getting ready.  Here is Dane wearing Daddy's vest.
 Kimber traipsing around with her ear muffs.
 Kimber rode on my back and Dane walked with Clint for the hunt.  This is one of the first times we didn't even bring the Kelty backpack for Dane and he did really well.  It's not easy walking, cause it's swampy and the grass is really long so we were proud of him.
 Starting the morning off right with the first bird of the season!
 Clint and Dane with a snipe that Clint shot.

 Dane posing
 Dane using the "over the shoulder" carry for one of the birds.
Later in the weekend Dane and I made some cookies!  Yummy, chocolate chip cookies.  Reduced fat, whole grain goodness!
Mommy's amazing helper.
That was also the weekend that I did the Kickin' Assphault 1/2 Marathon.  It was a great run and I ended 4 minutes faster than the last time I did it...  Even better was the fact that Clint and the kids were waiting and Dane ran across the finish line with me! Woo hoo!!!


1 comment:

Kate said...

Love the pics Tanya- I know it's only been a few months but the kids are changing so fast and Dane looks so big! All my best!