Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Catching up

I try to update the blog at least once a week.  Well, I'm sorry it's been too long since my last post.  I will do my best to catch everyone up on what we have been up to.

Two weeks ago, Clint and Brock headed up to the Rocky Mountain Front for the youth hunt.  In Montana, they open rifle season a couple days early for kids.  They had a wonderful time and saw a fair amount of deer.  Brock didn't shoot anything, but it sounds like they really had fun together.  Here are a couple pictures from their trip!

 The following week (last Tuesday) Bill and Sheri arrived from Oregon to spend a week with us.  You will see in the following pictures that we had a really great time doing all kinds of things.
Sheri (Nana) and Dane made "jiggly fingers" one day.  Here they are proudly displaying their work!
Last Thursday Bill, Clint, and I all headed out to Cascade to see if we could fill some doe permits.  Luck was with us and we were all able to harvest.  Below is a picture of Clint and his Dad with one of the beautiful does.  Cascade is one of my favorite places...  it is so beautiful and unique.  Friday, Clint and I took Dane out there again.  We were on deer (with Dane) at first light, but they were the wrong gender.  So, we ended up hiking around but not harvesting anything.  Dane had an incredible time though so we considered it a total success.

 Nana and Kimber
 One evening after cutting meat, we headed to the park to play and feed the birds.


 Story time...  Dane was trying out Grandpa's glasses!
 Carving Pumpkins
 Story time...  Yes, Cabelas fishing magazine is known as the "fish book" and is a bedtime favorite around here!
 My Stepmom always (wisely) told me...  "never say never"  She was right...  I said my son would never be a hunter for Halloween.  Well, he rejected Superman and the Elephant costumes.  So, at the last minute we put him in some camo and headed out for some trick or treating.
 I bought some face paint to compliment the camo...  Dane rejected that as well.  (yes, it was a classic toddler evening)  But, Kimber and Nana decided to put a little on before we headed out! 
As you can see it was so much fun!  The kids had a great time, as did the adults!

No comments: