Tuesday, July 20, 2010

"Monster Fish"


Whenever we ask Dane what he wants to do, he says "go fishin" or "go campin".  Then when we say we are going to go fishing he looks at us and says "monster fish???"  Then when we talk about the fish that we caught he gets all serious and says "monster fish"!  It's so cute!!! :)  So on Saturday we went to see if we couldn't find some "monster fish"!!!!
Clint has been wanting to take the boat and cross the River at one of our favorite fishing places.  He said that the other side of the River was the "promised land" of fishing!  I have been resisting...  I'm not sure why, I think it's just that we get comfortable going to the same places cause I know what to expect and that we will catch fish.  Plus, I was convinced that it would be covered with rattlesnakes and the mosquitoes would be huge and fly in flocks like starlings.  (okay, so I'm being a little dramatic here, but I was convinced that there would be all kinds of issues!)
Well, I must admit that Clint was right.  The fishing was great...  We didn't run into one snake...  the mosquitoes stayed away...  and it was just plain fun!
Here are some pictures of our day.

Here was a catfish that I caught.
A "monster walleye" that Clint caught.  (okay this is probably the smallest walleye that we have ever caught)


and here is the walleye that I caught! 


Another walleye.

There is a cliff that all the swallows build their nests on.  It was pretty cool.

Saturday was Clint's last day on paternity leave.  We had a really good time together and as you can see we got a lot done.  The last few days have been a little different with me home and him working.  It's going pretty well so far...  Kimber is still pretty fussy every evening.  She definitely has some gas issues and just cries so pitifully.  I have cut nuts and dairy out of my diet and I think it has made a difference but it certainly hasn't gone away.  We are also trying a few different things with hope that she will feel better.
Next weekend we are going to go check out Clint's goat hunting area and see what we are in for!  I'm really excited cause I love any excuse to get to the mountains, so we should have a great time. 

1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

The swallow nest are SO cool! Thanks for showing that.