Monday, March 15, 2010

Dane turned 2!

Yes, it's true... Mama's little boy turned 2 last week. Unfortunately, he was sick on his birthday so the celebration wasn't too wild... But, now he is enjoying all the gifts that he received! Thank you to everyone for all the great stuff!
Clint happened to have the day off, so Dane got to stay home with Dad! They went to Wal-mart together and picked out Dane's main present... a fish tank!!! Woo hoo! I must admit I'm really glad that Dane isn't old enough to get attached to his fish. Sadly, 6 out of the 7 goldfish that they got last week have perished... Hmmmmm... I'm glad we are better parents than fish owners! So far at least! :) I think we have decided that the issue was that Clint and Dane went down to Giant Springs and got spring water for the fish and we think maybe there is something natural in there that their little bodies weren't used to. Next time I guess it's tap water with the little drops!
Here is Dane with his fish!


Dane enjoyed opening his presents... but then just wanted to lay on me and cuddle. (okay, I must admit that I kind of like the cuddling part cause I don't get nearly enough of that anymore! He is so independent!)


Dane helping Dad make his birthday dinner! Yummy! (yes, that is scotch tape on his forehead... hey he was happy so who were we to complain!)


Besides that, things are great. The weather was really nice over the weekend so on Saturday we all went for a run down on the River... Poor Clint had to push Dane in the jogger, that boy is getting big! But, I was carrying the Princess, so I had an excuse to opt out! Then Dane and I just hung out, went to the park and had a good time.
Yesterday, Dane and I spent more time at the park and went down to the River for a while as well. Clint ended up catching Dane's crud though, so he just kind of hung out and tried to get healthy. I'm really hoping that my immune system can carry me through this one and I will make it through without catching it!
Now, the week is upon us again! Work is going well for both of us in a couple weeks Clint and I will start having some days off together again! I'm already excited and planning what we are going to do! Oh yeah, and we still haven't decided on a name for the Princess yet... So, we will keep everyone posted! (I also looked back on that picture of me on the River and my belly doesn't look as big as it is... so I'm going to have Clint take a picture soon and I will post it... . cause I definitely look pregnant!!!)

2 comments:

Shannon Houston said...

Boy how time flies, I can't believe the boys are already 2!!! Glad Dane had a great day.

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

Awl, so cute! Happy Birthday Dane!! Wow, fish. Hope you have much better luck with them than we did.