Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Thursday!

Well, I'm up early this morning because Clint is back on days!!! WOO HOO!!! He has to be up at 5 to be to work and most of the time I will always get up with him. (Sometimes even before him so I can go for a quick run!) I have training today, so I don't have to be in until 8:30. Kind of nice to get up in the morning, clean up the kitchen and living room, check my e-mail, and update the blog. I just can't lose track of time like I did yesterday. Seems like sometimes when I think I have a lot of time it just slips away and before I know it I'm running behind!
Anyway, last weekend was kind of quiet around here. It was Clint's last week on overnights, so Dane and I did the usual routine of get up and then get out of the house so Clint can sleep. Once Clint got up we worked on catching up around the house. That always happens when we go out on a hunt then come back and process meat. Little things tend to pile up... (so to speak!) We did spend a lot of time at Grandma and Grandpa's just hanging out. Grandma is leaving tomorrow to go on a cruise with my brother and his family, so we sure are going to miss her!!! But, she will be having a great time.
October is going to be an incredibly busy, but fun, month for us. As all of you know hunting season gets into full swing, so we are out chasing critters a lot. We also have a ton of company coming throughout the month and we are SO EXCITED for that! I just have to get my house in order so we are ready. Fortunately, I think they all understand that with a toddler it only takes about 5 minutes for him to destroy a room after it's been cleaned.
Speaking of toddlers, I just thought I'd give everyone an update on what's new with Dane.
As everyone knows the old cliche, "they grow up way to fast" is so true. Dane is growing like a weed, and as our friend Carrie says "he's getting a little 'tude"! I knew the day would come, but he has really learned the word "no" and what it means... He is pretty gregarious and seems to really enjoy people. Probably the most challenging thing is that he is at that difficult stage where he has very strong feelings (don't we all!!!) but no words to tell us what is going on. He understands really well and he parrots words and will often repeat words we say, but the vocabulary that he regularly uses is not very large yet. Luckily, his fits are pretty short lived and he then moves on to the next thing!!! I also must say that everyone was right when they said that kids are incredible, it seems like about the time I feel like I may be losing my cool he does something so adorable that just melts my heart... like a big sloppy kiss or a big belly laugh... Isn't being a mom great!?!?!?!
Okay, so enough mom talk... Here are some pictures of the little man.
We got a little trike from one of my coworkers and although he can't peddle yet, Dane decided it was a good place to sit and read to us!

It's also a good place to put things and then push them around!!!


Watching Dane mimic us has been such a learning experience for me. It just reinforces the idea that we are products of our environment from the very beginning. The other day I was working in the kitchen and I look over and here he is with the pack. When I asked him if he wanted to ride on my back he said "no". Then I realized that he wanted to put on the pack himself. But, he did become frustrated when he couldn't get it on himself and he didn't want my help!!! (another stage we are going through right now!!!)

Well, now that I have had my "mommy bragging" moment I will sign off. Time to go get dressed, wake up Dane, and begin my work-day. I hope everyone is doing well and we can't wait to see all of our family/friends (although Karl is pretty much family!!!) as they come to Montana!!!

No comments: