Sunday, August 24, 2014

The past couple weeks...

Clint and I had a new opportunity knock on our door...  I put in for a promotion at work and was chosen. So, now I am the Health Officer/Director for the City-County Health Department. It's a really exciting (and a little bit intimidating) challenge for us! My sweet hubby sent me these gorgeous flowers on the day they offered it to me!
 Although it's been raining for the past few days, last weekend we had some beautiful weather and made it out to the River for a little fun. We took a little trek to a pond where Clint and Dane waded out through some crazy thick seaweed and fished off of a little island. Kimber and I didn't want to be that brave so we went and found a nice spot to do a little swimming and playing with some cute little ponies. After the boys caught a couple pumpkin seeds (sunfish) they came and hung out with us. However, Dane quickly became bored with that and went off to find some backwater to play in. He found some crawdads, minnows, and had his very first leach stuck to him. Poor kid, we were working together to catch a frog and I couldn't figure out why he wouldn't focus...  he kept trying to wipe something off of his hand. All the sudden he screams like a girl and holds up his hand. Sure enough he has a leach stuck to his little finger. I take one look, point him towards Clint and say "Daddy will take care of it!". :)
 Then we got home and made smores. But, I didn't have large marshmallows, graham crackers, or Hershey's bars...  So, we made due with what we had!
 and everyone enjoyed them thoroughly!
 Dane and Bones have recently became pretty close....  as you can see, Bones loves every moment of it!

No comments: