Monday, May 23, 2011

Dad and Marsha's visit

Friday night, Dad and Marsha arrived for a weekend visit.  It was such a great time, all of us had a blast.  The only downside was that Clint had to work.  But, at least he is on day shift so he was home in the evenings.  Saturday we got up and it was chilly with cloudy skies.  It looked like it might rain any minute.  So, we headed down to Giant Springs for a walk.  That way if it got too nasty we wouldn't be too far out and about. 

Of course we had to stop and feed the fish!
Here is my Dad, Dane, Kimber (on my back) and I on the walkway.
A goose in a tree!  You don't see this every day!
Marsha and Dane
There are so many geese and their babies along the path.  The River is really high and the current is super fast, so the adults wont let the babies get away from the bank.  Here are Dane and Dad herding them down the path.  At first, Dane just ran ahead.  But, then I remembered that geese can get pretty cranky with little boys, so Dad ran up there to help mediate!

Sunday, Dad and I ran a 10 K together.  He is a really great runner but stayed with me and we just had a nice father/daughter run.  Here we are after the run.  I had forgotten how hilly the course was, with one pretty long climb so my goal for time was not super realistic.  I did do a decent job though, and came in at 60:03.  (Without walking on the long hill, which in itself felt like an accomplishment!)
Then yesterday evening we just hung out with Clint, played catch, and chatted.  Here is Dane and Gramps playing with the football. 
Such a big boy!  Shaving just like Gramps!
As I said before, it was a super nice visit and we had a great time.  It always goes too fast, but whether it's work or play, time has a way of just going so quickly! 

No comments: