Sunday, February 27, 2011

Another great weekend.

I've decided weekends at home can be kind of fun.  I get SO MUCH stuff done around the house.  I spend a lot of time playing and baking with the kids.  Last night I even got to read about 2 pages in a book.  (it wasn't a children's book)  Of course it's a book I have read like 5 times and it just happened to be under my side of the bed so I picked it up and started to read.  After about 2 pages I found the book (and my eyelids) became very heavy so I had to put it down and go to sleep.
The plan this weekend was to stay home and make sausage, but the local meat markets (all 3) were out of the pork suet that we use.  Now the plan is to do it next weekend. 
We decided not to even go anywhere on a daytrip due to the nasty weather.  On Friday, the high was something ridiculous like -10.  Saturday it was a little warmer but the wind was blowing like crazy.  Today it's probably about 30 but the wind is blowing pretty hard again.
It ended up working out that we stayed home.  Friday night Kimber woke up with croup, and when I took her in she had an ear infection as well.  Poor babe.  Now, we are really hoping that Dane doesn't get it.  But, that is hard since they are always playing with the same stuff and she drools on everything.  We shall see.

Anyway, here are some pictures from the weekend... 

Probably about a month ago Kimber really mastered this movement we call the "seal pup".  I am trying to download a video of it, but I'm having trouble so here are some pictures.  It's kind of like a pushup position and then she pushes herself forward.  I think she may do this instead of crawling cause she gets where she wants to go and isn't really trying to crawl anymore. 

Our little "seal pup"

 Dane found Dad's drill and thought he might do a little home improvement.  He offered to fix the toilet, but luckily Clint had already done that.  Aren't I lucky to have 2 helpful guys in the house?!!?!?
 As always, we had some fun making muffins.  Here is Dane scooping out the pumpkin for me.
 These our the little "Dane muffins".  He helped me fill the tin and everything.  We made some big ones too, but Dane really likes these little ones. 
 and then there's Bones.  He is such a good pup.  He isn't allowed downstairs unless he is invited.  But, if we forget to invite him he will remind us. 
First, he starts at the top of the stairs looking down sadly.
 Then we will notice him peeking around the corner. 

 Looks pretty comfortable...
 and who wouldn't want to come join the fun downstairs...  Kimber has discovered him and thinks he's quite intriguing!

1 comment:

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

I bet Kimber has big upper body strength! That is so cute-her checking out Bones-he is the sweetest pup!!