Monday, September 20, 2010

Snipe hunting with Perry!

Two weekends ago, we had the pleasure of having Perry along with us on a Snipe hunt!  Although there weren't nearly as many birds this time, everyone got a couple and it was fun to share this with Perry.  He was really the one who started my love of hunting by taking me along when I was just a kid.  We always have had a good time together, and this time was no different. 
Here is Perry with one of his snipe!
Clint and Perry


Last weekend Clint and Brock went up to the Rocky Mountain Front to see if they could find a ewe sheep for Brock.  There were some critters, but they weren't able to harvest one.  Hopefully next time it will work out a little better!  But, they had a wonderful time!
Now we are headed out to chase goats!  Clint's mom, Sheri, will be here tomorrow and we are headed out from Thursday to Monday to see what we can find.  Sheri is going to stay here with the kids and between her and my mom, they will have a very good time!  I am going to miss the kids like crazy, but it's just not feasible to take them with us this time.  But, there will be a lot of deer/antelope/bird hunts in their future!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I cannot understand what possess you to shoot such a beautiful bird. What a tragedy.

Anonymous said...

taste like chicken

Anonymous said...

Snipe are nice looking birds when you can see them and I hold my fire when I flush them because they're so little. This family of hunters contribute to saving wildlife areas when they buy their hunting licenses. It's more than most people do unfortunately.