Monday, February 22, 2010

Well, despite the fact that I can't get the pictures to download right, I'm going to attempt a post! So, be patient with me!

Two weekends ago Clint, Brock, Otis, and Noah all went up to an ice fishing tourney in Valier. Dane and I were going to go, but I hadn't grocery shopped in a couple weeks, so we stayed home and cleaned the house, shopped, etc. Although they did not win, they did have a great time and Brock caught his very first Northern!

Brock proudly showing off his catch!



Clint says the "three amigos", I say the "three stooges". LOL


After Clint got home on Saturday, we packed up and left first thing Sunday morning for the cabin... Shocking, I know! I had Monday off since it was a Holiday, and Clint's days off happened to fall at the same time so we lucked out.
This picture is from the drive up to the cabin. The fog was thick all night long so everything was covered in this incredible layer of frost. It was beautiful.



We never tire of the view from the cabin


On Monday Otis, Kim and their two kids came up and joined us for ice fishing. The weather was phenomenal and we had such an amazing time. It actually warmed up so much we were taking off our jackets, hats, and gloves.
Otis caught a really nice 4+ lb trout. This picture doesn't do it justice, but here he is with it and another fish we caught.


Shaylin and Chaz with the day's catch.


Everyone "helping" Clint clean the fish!


Dane was watching other people tuck their hands in their snow pants, so he wanted to mimic them! So, here he is just hanging out! He had such a good time!



As I said we had a great time... Sorry all the recent pictures have been from ice fishing and trips to the cabin, but that is how we have been spending all of our extra time. I'm really enjoying not being on call and Dane is at such a great age to get out there and fish with him. In fact, last weekend Clint took Saturday off so we could head out and do more of the same. Sunday was our 7 year anniversary so we celebrated by spending some incredible time together as a family. I will try to post some pictures from that trip later.
Sadly, our days off aren't going to fall on the same days for a while. Now it's time to let Dane catch up on Grandma and Grandpa time, clean my house, and catch up on other chores and tasks around the house. I certainly will miss all the time that we spent at the cabin but I know our days off will fall together again before I know it!

3 comments:

Shannon Houston said...

Great pics! The frost/snow on the fence is beautiful. Glad everyone is doing well, Dane looks like such a big boy.

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

That fence is so beautiful. We love the view too! Cute pict of Dane. What names do you have picked out? How about Natasha??

Hauptmanns in Hawaii said...

The only place ice belongs is in the freezer!